Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Faith the size of a mustard seed



Matthew 17:20-Jesus answered, "Because your faith is too small. I tell you the truth, if your faith is as big as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there', and it will move. All things will be possible for you".

As a child this was one of my (Vanessa's) very favorite verses. Of course, at that point, I had such childlike faith. So many times I wish I was a child again so I could have that faith all over again. Lately, if has been very hard for me to have faith in Jesus that He will provide for our adoption. Chris does so much better with it then I do. He constantly declares around our house that, "God is going to provide, you will see.". I realized today though while praying about it that I can have faith like I did as a child. It may only be a tiny bit, the size of a mustard seed, but God will honor that and provide me with even more faith.

In other news, God did give me faith today in the forum of a letter. Well, actually, our first support back. Praise God! Thanks for praying with us and supporting us.

Keep faith!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good word, sista! If you ever need stories of God providing, I have a bunch of them. Just a little encouragement. I've literally prayed for toothpaste(because we didn't have $ for it)! We've also prayed for big things like a place to live so we weren't homeless any longer, new vehicles and thousands of dollars, needed within 24 hours. And we've seen God provide all those things and more! Every time! But yet, like the fool I am, I still doubt sometimes.
    We're standing with you!!!!!
    LOVE, Gen & Dallas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Genevieve! I think God really needed me to hear that encouragement from you today. You have been so supportive of us, and sharing those stories has given me so much hope. I am such a fool too to doubt God and his provision for a promise/vision He has given us.

    Thank you. We love you!:)

    ~Chris, Vanessa, and Zoelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this post! It brought back memories of a precious, young girl who had faith the size of a mustard seed (&larger!). It was fun to remember that faith-filled little girl! Thanks for sharing. May you have faith the size of a mustard seed! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete

Have something on your heart? Share it here.