Friday, August 27, 2010

Butterflies in my tummy

When Xiomara was a few weeks old, during a diaper change one day, I found a lump in her groin. It wasn't until a few days later that I realized the lump was still there and that I better call in to have it looked at. Me being me, I first did my research, and I determind that most likely it was a hernia.

I took her in, we did an ultrasound, and sure enough my little babe has an inguinal hernia. Tomorrow we go to the big city for a consultation with a pediatric surgeon. Surgery. Yes, surgery. I don't like that word. Not when we are talking on my little baby. I'm nervous for her. Even though tomorrow is just the consultation, I have all these crazy butterflies in my tummy. What if it is something bigger than just a hernia? What if the doctor isn't nice? What if something goes wrong in surgery??

Then the sane side of me realizes that 1. inguinal hernias are VERY common 2. this doctor is a trained pediatric surgeon, he knows what he is doing 3. if he doesn't, God does. So, my butterflies lesson a bit, but I would still appreciate prayers.



I love this little girl so much and just want the best for her! By the way, she smiled for the very first time today. I didn't catch it on camera, but it was no doubt a HUGE smile. Her whole entire face just lights up and is beautiful. I fell in love all over again!

2 comments:

  1. Having just recently handing over my baby for an umbilical hernia surgery, I completely understand you feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which of your kids got it JuLinda? How old were they?

    ReplyDelete

Have something on your heart? Share it here.